We will have soup for breakfast, and soup for lunch. And for dinner we will have broth! - my 10-yr-old son

Monday, June 27, 2011

Stage 1 - Recipe Index

Here are some recipes that will work for Stage 1.  I have not tried them all, but as we do I'll post reviews.  I have done my best to make sure that everything works for this stage, however, I may have made mistakes.  Let me know if you find any!

Some of the recipes come from the Reversing Food Allergies (RFA) class, but you can find similar recipes online.  I have linked to alternatives when possible.  Other recipes come from an ebook I purchased from Home, Health and Happiness (HHH) which gives you recipes and lists and such for the GAPS intro diet.

Aside from the following, I'm sure I'll be throwing together all sorts of random soups, just making it up as I go.  Please let me know if you have any recipes or ideas to contribute to this stage.

Butternut Squash Soup (RFA, HHH) – no butter, no cream, no spices
Carrot Ginger Soup (RFA) - no butter/ghee, not sure on lemon zest, no cream
Chicken Soup (RFA) - no celery 
Kimchi – (RFA, HHH) as juice only 
Sauerkraut – (RFA, HHH) as juice only 
Cortido – (RFA, HHH) as juice only
Beet Kvass – as juice only
Meat Patties or Meatballs (HHH, GAPS book) - only salt & pepper, no binder, just meat or veggies
Summer Squash Soup (HHH)
Carrot Soup with Squash (HHH)
Meatball Veggie soup (GAPS book)
Chicken noodle soup (no celery)  
Fermented beets – juice only 
Pink Soup - no celery, parsley or mustard powder
Fish Soup (GAPS book)
Roasted Eggplant Soup - use a healthy fat instead of vegetable oil, no cream or cheese
Ground Beef Soup

Here is another idea for serving food during Stage 1 that does not involve soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment